•Eighty thousand printed volumes in the African library collection, including over 1,000 serial publications in print and electronic formats.
•Digital and Special collections, including the Onitsha Market Literature collection and the Bishop Robert Mize papers at the Spencer Research Library.
•African language resources, including over 5,000 printed titles in or about the languages of Africa, with special emphasis on the languages taught in the curriculum: Amharic, Arabic, Hausa, Kiswahili, Somali, and Wolof. Digital resources for language study and teaching include research guides for each language and a digital exhibit featuring the extensive holdings in Kiswahili.
- Arabic in Africa: Language and Literature
- Hausa Language and Literature
- Swahili Language and Literature
- Wolof Language and Literature
- Bishop Robert Mize Papers, 1930-1991
- Swahili Literature Through the Centuries
- Onitsha Market Literature : From the Bookstalls of a Nigerian Market
- K-12 Educational Resources